Re: Years in copyright notices

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Years in copyright notices
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:39:33 +1000

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> (and automate)

In the past I used the script below on the gmp cvs, grepping the
output of cvs log.  It's probably bit rotted somewhat, but may give
some ideas.  The output from cvs log is normally big so you either
need to be on the repo machine or somewhere close.

I never wanted it to actually change files, just report apparently
missing years, to be checked manually.  Because eg. something later
reverted doesn't need to appear, an initial checkin from an external
source isn't a change, a complete rewrite restarts the years, etc.