Re: avoid duplicates in history

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: avoid duplicates in history
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:23:53 -0400

    Meanwhile, I'd like to propose a related feature.  It would be useful
    to be able to delete some old history elements from the history list.
    I think a good key binding for this command in the minibuffer is M-k.

I think that is too obscure to be included in Emacs;
the code is short, but the cost in conceptual complexity
is too great.  So please don't install it.

Those who would like it can put it in their .emacs files.