Re: Plague of dashes in command echo

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Plague of dashes in command echo
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:15:00 -0400

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:44:43PM +0200, L?rentey K?roly wrote:
> I think it would be desirable to preserve Arch metadata if I am to get
> commit access, but that means my patches would need to go through
> Miles's archive and I don't know how to do that.  Miles?

Well I'd love to have (1) an archive writable by others, but you'd have to
have a gnu account for that, and there are probably details to be worked out
(like group privs or something), or (2) some sort of patch-queue manager, but
that requires work to set up, and maybe some system privs.

But for now you can just send me a (tarred-up) changeset, and I'll apply it.

Either:

  * Make the changes without committing, and do `tla undo -o CSET'

  * Commit to some branch and, send me that changeset instead.

         `tla get-changeset REVISION CSET'
      or `tla delta REVISION1 REVISION2 CSET'
      or if it's a clean branch (no extraneous changes),
         `tla changes -o CSET address@hidden/emacs--cvs-trunk--0'

-Miles
--
/\ /\