Re: new tail-mode

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: new tail-mode
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:22:35 +0200

Hi,

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> skribis:

>                                           Also if the file stops growing for a
>     long time.
>
> Why even bother to check for that condition?

Polling is an inefficient mechanism!  However some files like log files may
pause for days before growing again, so I have removed this.

>     While the two concept have a general notion in common, tail-mode
>     definitely does not revert in the Emacs sence.
>
> It does a kind of optimized revert which works for certain cases only.
> I think it is legitimate and clear to describe that as a kind of "revert".

Ok, I've translated it to be auto-revert-tail-mode.  If it's ok, I'd also add
it to the mode line menu, just under Auto Revert.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/