Re: mail abbrevs are broken?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: mail abbrevs are broken?
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:45:35 -0400

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 01:11:54PM -0400, Sam Steingold wrote:
> recently mail abbrevs in message-mode stopped working.
> I still have "Abbrev" in mode line and global abbrevs are expanded.
> Aliases are not expanded though, neither by " " nor by an explicit M-`.
> (the point is in the "To:" header field)
> mail-abbrevs is set up correctly

Yeah I see the same thing; I can expand mail aliases "manually" (I use M-r,
but this may be a personal binding), but the automatic abbrev expansion has
stopped working...

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."