Re: CVS Emacs list-buffer-noselect calls set-window-buffer, displays eve

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs list-buffer-noselect calls set-window-buffer, displays every buffer briefly!
Date: 04 Sep 2004 10:42:36 +0200

Hi Kevin.

Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> writes:

> But you have not only selected the buffer, you have modified the
> buffer-window correspondence, and the doc string hints that you might
> have forced a redisplay:
[...]
> Does replacing (progn (set-window-buffer ...) ...) with
> (with-current-buffer (set-buffer buffer) ...) work?

No that does not work.  Inside the loop that creates the buffer list
is a (with-current-buffer buffer).  The additional (set-buffer buffer)
you suggested does not make a difference.

It think we should take a look at Francis Litterio's posting maybe he
found the right spot.

Stephan
--
Stephan Stahl