Re: unicode & Emacs

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: unicode & Emacs
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 20:34:35 +0900 (JST)

you want to join the list, please ask Eli <address@hidden>.

> There is a emacs-unicode branch on the CVS. Are UCS-E and UTF-E
> implemented on that branch? If not, there is any plan for implement
> it and substitute the MULE internal encoding?

I don't remeber UCS-E nor UTF-E well now.

Anyway, in the latest code of the branch emacs-unicode-2, we
use the character code space 0x0..0x3FFF7F, and among them,
0x0..0x10FFFF directly corresponds to Unicode characters one
to one.  In buffer and string, those characters are
represented by UTF-8 encoding.

This code is fairly stable on Unix and GNU/Linux.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden