Re: emacs clipboard handling for X broken?

From: Janusz S. Bień
Subject: Re: emacs clipboard handling for X broken?
Date: 06 Sep 2004 07:08:37 +0200

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004  Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

> In article <address@hidden>, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:
> > [Emacs CVS 2004-08-22]
>
> > I tried to paste text from Mozilla 1.6 (build 2004011400) into Emacs,
> > and I get e.g. for Chinese instead of `不想睡' the following:
>
> >   \x{4E0D}\x{60F3}\x{7761}
>
> I can't reproduce it, but anyway, as Emacs itself never
> generate such a string, it was what Mozilla sent to Emacs.

I'm afraid the problem is more general. I am almost sure I was getting such
string when pasting from kanjipad some time ago. If I remember well,
the problem has gone with a newer version of Emacs and/or kanjipad.

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004  Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

>  -> pastes unicode escapes like this: \u5167\u5bb9\u76ee\u9304\u64f4\u5145

I can get these escape sequences when pasting Polish letters from
Galeon to Emacs 21.2.1 and 21.3.1 while with CVS Emacs both Polish
letters (and kanji) are pasted correctly. See Debian bug

BTW, when pasting from konqueror with ctext I get just question marks
in place of non-ASCII characters.

Regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki