Re: Image support on MS OS

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Image support on MS OS
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:58:33 +0100

Dhruva Krishnamurthy <address@hidden> writes:

>  When viewing images (JPEG) in MSVC build, I get the following error:
> JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 432, caller
> expects 464

We used to get crashes loading JPEGs when using an optimized MSVC
build of Emacs. I can't see that error message in Emacs, so maybe the
author of the jpeg library has added detection of the problem. As I
suspected, the alignment of struct members is probably affected by an
optimization option, though I wonder why this is not a major problem
for users of MSVC when using external libraries.