Re: Rmail mbox-format branch

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Rmail mbox-format branch
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:09:57 -0400

    Our problem is that many people use Gnus for their mail.  On #emacs,
    most people recommend to use Gnus when newbies ask for mail within
    Emacs.

The one time I tried to start Gnus (to read news), it was so much
hassle when starting up that I killed it.  I recommend use of Rmail to
read mail.

    Can we look specifically for RMAIL users willing to help us
    test?  We could ask on the newsgroups, for example.  I will ask on
    #emacs...

Thank you.