Re: gdb-ui can't handle mutiple debugging sessions

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdb-ui can't handle mutiple debugging sessions
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:39:17 +1200

> I'm writing a C library.  I also wrote several programs that
> use that library to test it.  So, it's important for me to
> use a single Emacs session to run those test programs under
> multiple gdb sessions...

Why can't you test the library with your programs in a serial fashion?
Do you really need to start the second test before finishing the first?
(I'm sure you do, but I'm just trying to understand how and when the
need arises)

>                              ...In that situation, when I want to
> set a breakpoint in some file of the library by C-x SPC, its
> usually for a gdb buffer that I visited most recently.
> Otherwise, I'd like to type C-u C-x SPC and expect Emacs to
> ask me for which gdb buffer to set the break point.

Perhaps we could implement that behaviour for 'gdb -fullname'
(assuming it doesn't already have it).

Nick