Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:05:51 +0200

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree with Oliver and with Bob: Emacs already displays something
> that's different than what is present in the file, and people like
> that.  Oliver is just proposing to go further in that direction.
> Those working on bidi are also proposing to go further in that
> direction.

I have various wild ideas how to improve emacs towards a block structure
which is don't require a lot of changes to emacs commands.

One idea, is to allow stacking of images and text flow around images.

Another idea is to create "floating" windows which are inserted just
like an image -- but with all the normal emacs editing features of a
normal emacs window (except modeline, scrollbars, fringes, etc)

Combine these with display word wrap, you can get pretty close to WP
capabilities.

But that's AFTER 21.4 :-)