Re: Curious about splash screen - where copyright is from?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Curious about splash screen - where copyright is from?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:50:11 +0200

Cheng Gao <address@hidden> writes:

> But if I close Emacs, then start it, and splash screen still shows
> '2002'. So it should be from another file. Just did simple grep and I
> can not find where.

When you build Emacs from source, some of the Lisp files are loaded
and the entire thing is "dumped" -- therefore the executable has some
Lisp files built-in.  You can override them by loading libraries, or
by evaluating code, but you need to add this to your init file.
Alternatively, build Emacs again.  Does that help?

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O  Schroeder's fifth law: