Re: dired-view-command-alist

From: Reinhard Kotucha
Subject: Re: dired-view-command-alist
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:41:04 +0200

    > I disagree -- I find the "[3 files]" info useful.  Despite the
    > filenames being displayed in a separate, the presence of that
    > string in the prompt is more noticeable (maybe that sounds
    > surprising, but when I give a command that I know is going to
    > prompt me, I tend to focus on the minibuffer, so a warning there
    > is much more likely to wake me up than a new window).

In my example the separate window displayed the three files within one
line followed by two empty lines.

Maybe the two empty lines are the reason it didn't attract your
attention.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha                                      Phone: +49-511-4592165
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                              mailto:address@hidden