Re: not too happy with Emacs 21 vertical-line dragging when scrollbars p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: not too happy with Emacs 21 vertical-line dragging when scrollbars present
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:44:07 -0400

    My response was that it is just as easy to grab the thin line (between
    modelines) in 21.x as it was to grab the square in 20.x

Yes, after seeing what you were telling me, I agree with you.

    I would prefer the "thin line on the side of the scrollbar" (all the way
    up). That is common in many applications. Hopefully, it wouldn't be _too_
    difficult to grab, and it would have the big advantage of being where you

If we make it artificially easy to grab, as has been done for the line
between mode lines, it would interfere with scrolling using the scroll
bar.