Re: address@hidden: `c-indent-command' in a rare case]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: `c-indent-command' in a rare case]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:16:22 -0400

    Huh?  Contrary to skip-chars-forward, forward-line returns the number of
    lines remaining, not the "decrease in the number of lines remaining".
    I.e. (zerop (forward-line 1)) is often used to check that forward-line has
    indeed moved.

    I agree with Martin that it would be better to not return 0 when it has
moved
    but hasn't managed to move to a different line.

Ok, I agree.

Would someone like to change this?

It is important to check that the various callers that look
at the return value will still work.  But I tend to think they
mostly will, because this change would increase the consistency
of the return value.