Re: Registry access on w32

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Registry access on w32
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:54:34 +0530

Hello,

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:41:42 +0200, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:
>     Unfortunately since then not much has happened, and neither the
>    registry access patch, nor my registry editing mode have made it
>    into Emacs."
>
> Why is this not included in Emacs? I believe it can make a big difference
> for Emacs users on ms windows.

I support the necessity for having access to registry from emacs. Many
times, we try to set lot of things in environment variables so that it
can be accessed in Emacs. For example, I was trying to add support to
an in-house SCM. Lot of details are in the registry (added during the
SCM installation). To get these information, either I have to modify
the dotemacs and duplicate the entries or add it in env var and get it
into emacs.

As mentioned in the earlier mail, the file extension is a real case of
duplication. Registry has the information, we duplicate it in
dotemacs.

with best regards,
dhruva

--