Re: doc string of `local-variable-if-set-p'

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: doc string of `local-variable-if-set-p'
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 04:12:42 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Miles Bader wrote:
>
>    Non-nil if VARIABLE would be buffer-local in BUFFER after being set there.
>
> Seven characters too long.
>
> In the docstring I proposed, I put:
>
>    Non-nil if VARIABLE will be local in buffer BUFFER when set there.

I don't see why the word ``buffer'' needs to be doubled.  The
following reads better and is shorter:

   Non-nil if VARIABLE will be local in BUFFER when set there.

Or you can invest those extra characters in making it more like
Miles's version:

   Non-nil if VARIABLE will be buffer-local in BUFFER when set there.

--
Daniel Brockman
address@hidden