Re: encrypt.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: encrypt.el
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:52:45 -0400

You're my main advisor on encryption; if you think that encrypt.el
does the right things, I would be glad to see it moved out of Gnus.
Doing this requires writing text for etc/NEWS and for the Lisp manual.

However, there is one thing in encrypt.el that seems strange
and perhaps a bug:

    (defcustom encrypt-password-cache-expiry 200
      "Encryption password timeout.
    When set, directly sets password-cache-expiry"
      :type 'integer
      :group 'encrypt
      :set (lambda (symbol value)
             (set symbol value)
             (setq password-cache-expiry value)))

What job is this supposed to do?  Is this the right way
to do that job?  Perhaps putting password-cache-expiry
into this custom broup is the right solution.