Re: Problem with CVS emacs on Mac OS X (Carbon) (related to tty_lookup_c

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Problem with CVS emacs on Mac OS X (Carbon) (related to tty_lookup_color?)
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:39:44 +0900

> CVS Emacs built on Mac OS X 10.3.5 as of today (same yesterday)
> crashes in set-foreground-color if you attempt to use a color name
> with a space in it (such as Navajo White or Light Sky Blue).

This is not a Mac OS specific problem.  Actually it is yet another
instance of "eval while blocking input" abort.

In xfaces.c:

  static int
  realize_basic_faces (f)
       struct frame *f;
  {
    int success_p = 0;
    int count = SPECPDL_INDEX ();

    /* Block input here so that we won't be surprised by an X expose
       event, for instance, without having the faces set up.  */
    BLOCK_INPUT;
    specbind (Qscalable_fonts_allowed, Qt);

    if (realize_default_face (f))
    unbind_to (count, Qnil);
    UNBLOCK_INPUT;
    return success_p;
  }

And the call of realize_default_face may leads to Feval through

  color_desc = call2 (Qtty_color_desc, color, frame);

in tty_lookup_color.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden