Re: printing.el again

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: printing.el again
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:20:41 -0500

> Hummm, indeed, but this:

>  (let (...
>        (pr-:help (if (eq ps-print-emacs-type 'emacs)
>                   #'(lambda (text) (list :help text))  ; GNU Emacs
>                 'ignore)))                  ; XEmacs
>   ,@(funcall pr-:help ...)

> Will do the work and pr-:help will be local.

Yes, that's another solution.  I find CL's `flet' much more elegant, tho.
BTW, if you use (featurep 'xemacs) for the test, Emacs-21 will optimize the
test away (since the resulting elc file can't be run on XEmacs anyway).
Here it doesn't really matter, but it is sometimes very handy since it
ends up getting rid of spurious warnings about XEmacs-specific code.

        Stefan