Re: emacs-pretest-bug (Was: [bug] line move and truncation)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs-pretest-bug (Was: [bug] line move and truncation)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:02:49 -0500

I read emacs-pretest-bug, and when I see an extended discussion
happening there, I often move the discussion to emacs-devel.

That said, the distinction between the lists may not be useful just
now.  The general idea is that emacs-pretest-bug is for fixing bugs,
while emacs-devel is more general, and includes discussion of new
features.  However, at present we don't want to discuss new features,
so at present the lists are duplicates.

So perhaps it would be better to direct bug reports to emacs-devel for
the time being.