Re: Updating movemail in Emacs

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Updating movemail in Emacs
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:56:56 +0000 (UTC)

    Attached is a patch that improves the interaction of rmail.el
    with movemail from GNU mailutils. ....

How do you set four different passwords for four different mail
servers, easily?

My understanding is that I should be able to do the following, but if
I remember rightly, the last time I tried (in Feb 2004), the transfer
was too slow (so I use ftp from one source and scp from another).

    (setq rmail-pop-password nil)
    (setq rmail-pop-password-required t)
    (setq rmail-primary-inbox-list '("po:AAA:foo.edu"
                                     "po:AAA:bar.net"
                                     "po:BBB:bar.net"
                                     "po:CCC:bar.net"))
    (rmail-set-pop-password "XXX" "foo.edu")
    (rmail-set-pop-password "YYY" "bar.net")
    (rmail-set-pop-password "ZZZ" "bar.net")
    (rmail-set-pop-password "WWW" "bar.net")

Using the new URL format, should I write "po:AAA:foo.edu" as
"pop://foo.edu/var/mail/AAA"?

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8