Re: Revised lisp/progmodes/flymake.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Revised lisp/progmodes/flymake.el
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:51:41 +0100

CHENG Gao <address@hidden> writes:

> Reading FOR-RELEASE, I fuond it's desirable to revise flymake.el to
> conform with Emacs Lisp Coding Conventions. Though my ELISP knowledge is
> very limited, I think I can have a try for this too hard job.
>
> Attached is a revised flymake.el. What I have done includes:
> 1. Removed XEmacs compatibility code. I think it does not make sense to
> maintain XEmacs compatibility with Emacs bundled files.

flymake.el lists a maintainer at the head of the package.  Decisions
like that should be left to the maintainer, because it might simplify
his work (for example, if he wants to provide a working version from a
single source).

I don't know whether the mention of the maintainer is correct and up
to date, but you probably should contact him to make sure.