Customize custom-file is not useful as it works now

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Customize custom-file is not useful as it works now
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 02:28:36 +0100

If you use customize-variable to change custom-file the value of custom-file
will be stored in custom-file. This is of course not useful.

What is needed is an entry in .emacs like (setq custom-file ".custom"). This
could as far as I understand be written in :set in the defcustom for
custom-file. I have written functions is setup-helper.el that I believe
could handle this rather easily. Another thing that ought to be done is
moving the entry (custom-set-variables ...) and dito faces to the new
custom-file.

Maybe this should be done before release? A reason for doing this is maybe
that there seem to be some changes that have to be made to the
(custom-set-variables ...) entry between the current Emacs and the new one.

- Lennart