Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:18:09 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:58:12 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> If you want to produce a help sheet from the contents of the manual,
> having to include the complete invariant sections might prove
> prohibitive

I don't think this is a problem, since in that case, only small
portions of the manual are copied.  And Richard said at the beginning
of this thread:

    I won't relicense such a large amount of material all together.

    If you show me specific parts you would like to use, I will consider
    relicensing them.

So I think the problem exists only if very large parts of the manual
are copied together.  Richard actually said that in the past, at least
in the context of copying material between doc strings and the manual
(which theoretically raises similar issues, since the code is under
the GPL).