Re: DISTRIB file vs. Emacs manuals and GFDL

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: DISTRIB file vs. Emacs manuals and GFDL
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:17:58 -0500

    The file etc/DISTRIB explains that emacs software is licensed under GPL
    and refers to etc/COPYING.

    Now that an emacs distribution includes the manual and lisp reference,
    I think DISTRIB should mention that the documentation is covered by a
    different license, and give a pointer to that license?

I don't think there's a problem here.  DISTRIB talks about "GNU Emacs",
not "everything in the distribution with GNU Emacs."
The manuals contain clear license notices.