Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:12:48 -0500

    The current `blue' is one of the most unsuitable colors.  It stand out
    very much.  Blue is mostly used for highlighting the important parts
    of the buffer: in programming modes it highlights function names,
    in Dired - file names.  Using it for escape sequences makes them
    too distracting.

    I highly recommend `dark red' for numerous reasons:

If people generally agree with you, I'll change it.