RE: Frame background mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Frame background mode
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:36:20 -0800

    > I suggest to improve the formula used to determine whether the
    > background is light or dark.

    Do we really need this so close to a pretest start?

Dunno. Maybe not.

    The new formula will certainly change some backgrounds from dark
    to light and vice versa, which will potentially annoy some users
    whose color customizations will need to be reworked.

That argument seems independent of _when_ such a change might be made; it
does not argue for not making the change _now_.

I think Juri is on the right track with this change. And experimentation
could help refine the formula.