Re: Frame background mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Frame background mode
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:15:08 +0200

> The new formula will certainly change some backgrounds from dark to
> light and vice versa,

The new formula will affect only users who have background color set
to one of 98 colors I listed in the previous message.

> which will potentially annoy some users whose color customizations
> will need to be reworked.

No color customization needs to be reworked.  The only change needed
for users affected by the new formula is to customize frame-background-mode
user option.

If even such small change is undesirable then maybe it's better to
leave the old formula alone, and to add a new condition keyword
(e.g. `min-background') that will specify the minimum color intensity
(a fraction between 0 and 1) and will use the new formula, for instance:

    ((class color) (min-colors 88) (min-background 0.5))

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/