Re: Emacs-CVS doesn't redraw correctly with gtk-2.6

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Emacs-CVS doesn't redraw correctly with gtk-2.6
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:20:40 +0100

Jens Lautenbacher wrote:

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 09:20 +0100, Jan D. wrote:
Please use "Send Bug Report" from within Emacs or send the output from xdpyinfo.

[~] $ xdpyinfo
name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The X.Org Foundation
vendor release number:    60801000
X.Org version: 6.8.1
maximum request size:  16777212 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7

Thanks. I don't have time to figure out exactly why this happens, but I've added a fix in CVS. It could mean that more redrawing is done that are needed. I see all kinds of strange redraw behaviour under Gtk+ 2.6. I am not sure if Emacs or Gtk+ has a bug. In the mean time, please try the fix in CVS.

Thanks for the report,

   Jan D.