Re: list-colors-display: display all color names

From: Edward O'Connor
Subject: Re: list-colors-display: display all color names
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:21:37 -0800

>>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

 Juri> There is already such a function: `tty-color-approximate' (currently
 Juri> it works only for tty colors).
 [...]
 Juri> I don't know how it is useful from the user's POV.

 Eli> `tty-color-approximate' is not a user-level function, in general.

I found `tty-color-approximate' to be very useful when trying to pick
face foregrounds and backgrounds that would look nice in X and on TTYs
without needing conditional face specs. I'm only one user out of many,
but I did find the function to be quite useful for a user-level task.

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
address@hidden

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.