Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:30:40 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>

> One very useful way to get good info is to watch a beginner use custom
> and say "please report anything you don't like AND anything that isn't
> obvious how to use".  If a few people could do this with their
> friends, over the coming weeks, that could potentially show us how to
> make Custom more natural.  We may need to wait till after the release
> before actually making the changes, but we will do it sooner or later.

Positive feedback is not too bad either ;-)

I should say that using imagination is very good. Try to get into the state
where you understand what is (or will) happening inside the "user". What
could change that? Since we may often be busy coding the ideas we already
have it might be difficult, but taking that time is useful!

Maybe you can also do this alone? Try to have a look at how the customize
GUI actually look now and frame your imagination inside that.