Re: Eliminating "changed in Emacs outside of Customize"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Eliminating "changed in Emacs outside of Customize"
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:28:12 +0100

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>
>    It appears that I am babbling and confusing this with something else.
>
>    Probably with custom-declare-variable calling the setter function if
>    the value of the variable has been set before custom-declare-variable
>    is executed.
>
> I believe that you were confusing with the defcustom form,

[...]

Well, yes.  Once I am babbling, it seems that I remain so.  To my
defense I have to add that I tripped over my network cable, ruining my
network connection and smashing my laptop.  After putting its pieces
together again, network had stopped working, and I suspected the
cable.  A different cable had no better luck, so I pried apart my
PCMCIA Network/Modem card and (after several other futile attempts)
resoldered the network connector with a far too large soldering iron
tip.  But some keys are still not working perfectly.

You get the drift.  It's not really my day today.