Re: xfaces.c: error: `ngcs' undeclared

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: xfaces.c: error: `ngcs' undeclared
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:09:42 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:58:03 +0100, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Does it disable auto-save mode?
>>
>> No.  But still, some work is not always saved (e.g. if you work in a
>> shell buffer, or while composing a mail message).
>
> Mail composition buffers are auto-saved; Gnus also checkpoints its
> state whenever you exit a group.  I find the main annoyance is process
> state.

Auto-save doesn't guarantee that everything you wrote is saved...
And you process state gets lost.

Also, one thing which has bitten me more than once is while
debugging something with gdb -- if emacs crashes on you,
your gdb session is lost -- any you may have worked for a long
time to get into an interesting state in your program...