Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:24:24 +0000

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

> I think a popup should be used for this since it is more visible.

The dialog code has been waiting for someone to implement it on w32
for years. It would be better to put effort into implementing general
dialog support than to create a dialog especially for this purpose.

> Emacs should also keep track of when this question was asked last
> time (to avoid asking to many times).

I don't understand the rationale for this. If Emacs decides it has
asked too many times, what should it do?