Re: M-Tab on w32 (and other window systems?)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: M-Tab on w32 (and other window systems?)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:28:02 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reiner Steib" <address@hidden>

> Could you be more specific?  Most Emacs info nodes use `M-<TAB>' [1]
> and the tutorial explains that you can use ESC instead of M- (Meta):
> I don't think this problem is specific to windows.  Probably there are
> a lot of Window managers for X11 that bind M-TAB by default.

Thanks for the info, I was not sure!

What I meant is that since Alt-Tab (or M-<TAB>) is used by window managers
it is unfortunate that Info mention Alt-Tab for completion. It would be much
more useful if it mentioned M-C-i. (Or Esc-Tab, but that does not work with
viper-mode so it is a bit less useful. I would not be using Emacs without
viper-mode I guess.)