Re: dired: it is actually a marked file off the screen you will acton

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: dired: it is actually a marked file off the screen you will acton
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:52:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

Richard Stallman said:
>     Therefore some visual extra warning should appear when
>     dired-do-shell-command will act on a marked file and not the one under
>     the cursor.
>
> It is a reasonable idea in principle.  Any suggestions for how
> to show the distinction?

How about to do the same thing as when multible files are marked?
Popup that extra buffer showing the names of the marked files.  Or in
this case showing the name of the marked file?  I think this would
seem consistent and easy to notice.

An other (maybe not so good) idea would be to use diffent colors for
the prompt when acting on marked/current file.

Stephan
--
Stephan Stahl