Re: Making hide-ifdef-use-define-alist more user friendly

From: Juan LEON Lahoz Garcia
Subject: Re: Making hide-ifdef-use-define-alist more user friendly
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:13:01 +0100

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:28:08 +0100, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
> Juan-Leon Lahoz Garcia <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Looking at try-completion and all-completions, there is a strange
> inconsistency between alists, vectors, and hash tables:
>
> In alists and hash tables, the key must be a string, while in vectors,
> the key must be a symbol...

Thanks for looking into this.

I had found another strange behaviour in completing-read that I do not
know if is a bug or my ignorance.

Following code:

(completing-read "Use define list: " (vconcat (mapcar 'car
hide-ifdef-define-alist)))

Allows me to complete more things that those found in:

(vconcat (mapcar 'car hide-ifdef-define-alist))

This happens for me in emacs 21.2, and completing-read offers the 8 symbols I
have in the alist plus about 60 more like format-annotate-value,
fortune-add-fortune, hs-flag-region, invert-face,
islamic-diary-entry-symbol, iso-2022-jp-unix, iso-8859-7-dos. Maybe in
22.x this is not happening...

Regards
--
juanleon