Re: Core dumps in redisplay.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Core dumps in redisplay.
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:56:38 +0100

>       /* Unblock input if we enter with input blocked.  This may happen if
>        redisplay traps e.g. during tool-bar update with input blocked.  */
>       while (INPUT_BLOCKED_P)
>       UNBLOCK_INPUT;
>
>       return Fthrow (Qtop_level, Qnil);
>     }
>
>     This approach of unblocking input appears completely useless to me,
>     since unwinding the stack includes restoration of
>     interrupt_input_blocked.
>
> Probably that code was needed in the past,
> before unwind_to_catch did this.  I will try deleting it.

Also with regard to the other report you answered (where I was wrong):
I might well be mistaken.  I am just trying to get a hold of why Emacs
keeps crashing on me.  It appears, anyway, that something seriously
elusive is going on here.  I'll probably have to implement some kind
of trace buffering for interrupt_input_block in order to get a hold of
what is happening here.

I already disassembled stuff because I thought the compiler might be
at fault.  Maybe I should also try without optimization.