Re: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:03:46 +1300

 > The original message said:
 >
 >    However I might just want to select that window to resize it
 >
 > so AFAICT this whole thread has been about a confusion between "click
 > mouse-1 to follow link" and "click mouse-1 to give focus to a *frame*".
 >
 > Of course maybe he really meant "window", but that seems rather unlikely
 > to me.  This said, I agree that I'd have expected the window-manager to take
 > care of such things (basically the window-manager shouldn't pass on
 > a mouse-1 click to the application if it was used to change focus).

I could have said:

However I might just want to select that window to scroll down it

(I don't use scrollbars). This would require window focus while the above
might only require frame focus. I didn't give thought to the type of focus,
just that there were times where I got caught out following a link that I
didn't want to follow.

Nick