Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:08:24 -0600 (CST)

   >                    Hence, I believe that it needs to be on the Options
   > menu and be very visible there, i.e. on top.  The patch below does that.

   IMO, that is the wrong place.

   It belongs on the Options=>Show/hide submenu.

I do not understand why that would be logical.  We are not talking
about _hiding_ the cursor.  I personally would not think of searching
in that submenu, except with a "One never knows, I have seen people
put things in strange places before" type attitude.

I believe that `blink-cursor-mode' is definitely important enough to
be at top level.  _Every_ option is supposed to be completely
irrelevant to the majority of people.  If not, the default is wrong.

Sincerely,

Luc.