Re: ChangeLog?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: ChangeLog?
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:20:00 +0900

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:27:47 -0500, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>     You make a good point that not everyone uses CVS, so ChangeLogs
>     produced by CVS are not so good.
>
> What is the question you are discussing?
> What change was proposed?  What does someone claim is an error?

Bob made a (small) code change, and described it in the CVS log, but
didn't add a ChangeLog entry.  I asked him to make a ChangeLog entry,
and gave my opinion that CVS log entries are not sufficient for
bug-tracking purposes (for any code change).  From his reply, I gather
than the documentation contradicts this position.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.