Re: When is hourglass shown?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: When is hourglass shown?
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:34:23 +0100

Can someone please tell me when an hourglass is shown on X Emacs? Is it
shown for an operation like ediff-buffers (that takes a long time on my pc)?
Is it shown for indent-region?

Not for indent-region (it should be IMHO). Ediff-buffer is quite fast on my machines, so I can't tell. Constructing the info directory on first C-h i is an example where the hourglass is shown.

   Jan D.