Re: file-name-shadow-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: file-name-shadow-mode
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:01:27 -0500

    The functionality of rfn-eshadow is quite useful to the vast majority
    of users, and indeed is much-requested, and you want to not enable it
    because you found a minor flaw?  A flaw whose only effect is to make
    the prompt slightly less clear that it could be?

I agree: this bug is not enough reason not to enable the feature.
However, it would be nice to fix the bug.

    [I think it's probably possible to fix this -- e.g., by generating a
    regexp of all non-absolute environment variables and glomming it onto
    the rexexp used for filenames.  But my basic point is that it scarcely

Could you try fixing it that way?