Re: announcing thaiword.el?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: announcing thaiword.el?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:18:38 +0100 (CET)

>       Additionally, I think it would be a good idea to automatically
>     use thai-forward-word and thai-backward-word (which are
>     supersets of forward-word and backward-word, respectively) if
>     `Thai' is selected as the language environment.
>
> That would require changes in a place that is too central to be
> changed now.  We can't do it.

Which place?  Please explain.  There is *no* functional difference
between thai-forward-ward and forward-word except that the former
works for Thai also (it simply checks whether point is located on a
Thai character, then it starts a lexical word search to find the end
of the current Thai word).

BTW, exactly the same machinery as in thai-word.el could be used for
word search in Lao -- provided someone finds a free Lao word list.

    Werner