Re: Special Characters on Mac Emacs

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: Special Characters on Mac Emacs
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:43:01 -0800

ATSUI means a rewrite of a large portion of the display code, with the benefit that it will display all unicode characters consistently. The change from the emacs-unicode-2 branch for storing the internals as unicode will dramatically reduce the cost of implementing this feature.

However, I'm having much difficulty in keeping the font specificationss consistent between quickdraw and ATSUI (let alone the near impossibility of determining glyph widths in a manner that's fast). I'll have to write this up and send it around.

-Steven