Re: Should killing a help or compile buffer also delete the window?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Should killing a help or compile buffer also delete the window?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:02:32 +0000 (UTC)

On 24 Apr 2005, Daniel Brockman wrote,

    I've always found it annoying that Emacs seems to have a habit of
    leaving junk windows around whenever you invoke something ...

Most often, I just want to bury the buffer, not delete it.  Your two
examples of buffers you want to delete are buffers I tend to want to
look at again, the ones created by `M-x compile' and `C-h f'
(describe-function).

To me, it looks that you want `C-x 4 0' (kill-buffer-and-window) to be
documented more prominently.  What would you like specifically?

Put another way, how should we change the documentation in
(emacs)Change Window?  Right now `C-x 4 0' is third in the sequence,
after `C-x 0' and `C-x 1'.  That looks right to me.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8