flyspell bug

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: flyspell bug
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:30:06 +0100

In today's CVS emacs:
emacs -q
C-h N
M-x flyspell-buffer

I get:  Error: Can't check region

and *flyspell-region* contains:
Error: Could not open the file "list" for reading.

This is compatibility problem between ispell and aspell.
I have:

$ ispell -v
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.5)

Relevant settings:
ispell-really-aspell t
ispell-program-name "ispell"

The problem is that ispell doesn't allow the "list" command:

$ echo "hello hhh" | ispell list
Error: Could not open the file "list" for reading.

whereas all the followng forms work (flagging hhh as a typo):

$ echo "hello hhh" | ispell  -l
$ echo "hello hhh" | aspell list
$ echo "hello hhh" | aspell -l

So can I suggest we make the simple change within:
(defun flyspell-large-region (beg end)

from

(if ispell-really-aspell "list" "-l") (line 1332)

"-l"

Or are thing likely to be more complex depending on ispell/aspell version?

Stephen