compile.el problem running the ANT tool

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: compile.el problem running the ANT tool
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:21:53 +0100

I'm noting this problem here because I don't have time to look into a
fix right now. At least noting it here will tell people of the
problem.

ANT 1.6 does not work with Emacs if the ANT "environment" property
primitive is used, eg:

  <property enironment="env"/>

The line that the ant shell script runs Java with is something like:

   exec "JAVA" ....

where .... is the various args like classpath etc...

I'm guessing that if ANT exec's to Java and then tries to run
/usr/bin/env (or something else to get the environment) then that
fails for some reason.

Changing the ANT shell script so that it doesn't exec makes things
work.

Note: this only breaks if you use environment property sets.

I will try and find a solution and post a fix here.

Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk